The Journey - Project Mekē
Understanding the clients
- Space was too cramped and wanted an open concept kitchen/living/dining room
- Removal of wall between kitchen/living room
- Add more functionality with plenty of cabinets and storage
- Ideally want a kitchen island, window banquette seating & purpose built areas for small appliances
- Increase brightness and lighting.
- Modern minimal style
- Design concept and layout proposal discussed with client for feedback and approval
- Layout proposal sent to General contractors & trades to determine feasibility and preliminary renovation cost
- Finishing touches are added to perfect the design concept
- Materials are applied to model and finalized
3D modelling to showcase the overall concept
- Construction material and finishes are selected and presented to the client.
- Sample boards presented to client for review & approval
- Design concept is converted into workcopy construction drawings such as elevation, electrical lighting plan, millwork/fabrication specifications, etc.
- Drawings provided to general contractor and relevant trades for guidance during demolition & construction.
- Renovation activity begins
- Site visits during critical stages of construction
- Assessment is made to verify the design plans and make any adjustments necessary after demolition
- All materials and finishings needed for construction are sourced
- Final walkthrough with client to address any deficiencies before completing the project